Darci's 2021 TV Roundup - Hour Edition


I thought I'd wrap up the year by posting two blogs featuring all the shows in their entirety (that I can remember anyways).

This list of the 24 hour shows that I watched - dramas, dramedies, thrillers - from both 2021, and I also included older shows that I watched too - because, well, what is time these days?

In a year of uncertainty and not going out as much as I usually do, I turned to old friends that I often turn to when I need a laugh, or just an escape, and I created new friends - fell in love with new worlds.

I love binge watching TV series' and getting lost in other worlds, getting to know characters as they make stupid decisions, discover who they are, find love, fall out of love. I always end up getting so sucked into the worlds that when I finish a series, I always feel a sense of sadness feel like I am leaving my friends behind.

I love television and getting to life a thousand lives vicariously through these complex, living, breathing characters that feel like so much more than figments of the showrunners imagination.

Also no guarantees all my thoughts on the shows that I watched are spoiler free if you haven't seen the series yet. Read with caution.


Darci's Thoughts: What was this show? I enjoyed it, it was odd and mysterious -- and so odd. I was with the show until that last episode, it was certainly a twist I didn't see coming. It's worth a watch, though!
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐☆☆☆☆
Logline: It follows Louise, a single mom with a son and a part-time job in a psychiatrist's office. She begins an affair with her boss and strikes up an unlikely friendship with his wife.
Created by: Steve Lightfoot
Writers: Sarah Pinborough, Angela LaManna
Streaming service it can be found on: Netflix
Number of seasons: 1 (Limited series)
Number of episodes: 6
Year premiered: 2021


Darci's Thoughts: I really enjoyed this show. I love a good basketball tale, and who doesn't love seeing the underdogs win? 
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐☆☆☆
Logline: A temperamental college basketball coach who gets fired from his job and must take a teaching and coaching job at an elite all-girls private high school.
Created by: Brad Garrett, David E Kelley, Dean Lorey (showrunner)
Writers: Grace Cary Bickley, Arielle Diaz, Alyson Fouse, Kate Heckman, Chris Marrs, Wendy Mericle, John R. Montgomery, Kim Newton, Leslie Schapira, Jacquie Walters & Erin Weller
Streaming service it can be found on: Hulu
Number of seasons: 1 - season 2 coming
Number of episodes: 10
Year premiered: 2021

Darci's Thoughts: Ooooh, another show I didn't see that final twist coming. I really enjoyed where it went. How it actually played out was even more bizarre than when you originally thought. It's one of those series that you want to watch again to trace it back as to how it makes sense, but when you know, it all tracks. 
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐☆☆☆
Logline: When family man, Nick Brewer, is abducted in a crime with a sinister online twist, those closest to him race to uncover who is behind it and why.
Created by: Tony Ayres (showrunner), Christian White
Writers: Melissa Scrivner-Love, Bradford Winters & Pete McTighe
Streaming service it can be found on: Netflix
Number of seasons: 1 (Limited)
Number of episodes: 6
Year premiered: 2021

Darci's Thoughts: I really loved how this show played with timelines and how it told the story over three years simultaneously. It's similar to how the first season of Why Women Kill worked, but this time all three time periods centered on Jeanette and Kate. I love the back and fourth of what Jeanette actually knew or not about Kate being abducted and then that final reveal in the very last second. So good. And then that strange relationship the teacher had with Kate. I'd love to see more focus on that. How'd he go to school? How'd he interact with her parents? How was he able to function in the real world knowing that he had Kate in his house? How are people so sick minded that they are able to lead double lives at the same time? I love that is series touched upon that.  
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐☆
Logline: In a small Texas town, popular teen Kate, is abducted. Seemingly unrelated, a girl named Jeanette goes from being a sweet, awkward outsider to the most popular girl in town, but by 1995 she has become the most-despised person in America.
Created by: Bert V. Royal, Tia Napolitano (showrunner)
Writers: Imogen Binnie, Brian Otano, Savannah Ward, Addison McQuigg & Matthew Antonelli
Network: Freeform
Streaming service it can be found on: Hulu
Number of seasons: 1 - season 2 coming
Number of episodes: 10
Year premiered: 2021


Darci's Thoughts: Talk about a show to make you question doctors! This is one of those shows I truly wish wasn't based on a real person. It makes you shiver. How can a person become a doctor when all he wants to do is mime people? This series did well of presenting us with the central dramatic question of if Duntsch is doing it on purpose, or if he just really believes he is performing these surgeries correctly -- is he dumb or evil? But it never fully answers it because I suspect the only person that will ever truly know that answer is Christopher himself. I also love how this series wasn't told in a linear fashion and told a story that spanned about 10 years seamlessly. Worth the watch, just, um, don't watch this right before you go in the hospital to have a surgery. And do your research if they ever had a malpractice payout. It's crazy how common this is in this country, but doctors aren't made more accountable.
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐☆
Logline: As patients entering the operating room of Dr. Christopher Duntsch for routine spinal surgeries start leaving permanently maimed or end up dead, two fellow surgeons and a young Assistant District Attorney set out to stop him.
Created by: Patrick Macmanus
Writers: Sara Pearson, Maxwell Michael Towson, Ahmanu Garba, Ashley Michael Hoban, Matthew White & Evan Wright
Streaming service it can be found on: Peacock
Number of seasons: 1 
Number of episodes: 8
Year premiered: 2021


Darci's Thoughts: I honestly believe this series just might be one of the more important ones that will ever be made. The opioid crisis was caused by doctors and big pharma. It didn't have to happen. It shouldn't have happened. But it did. It's a hard thing to explain to people who weren't in the middle of things. It's hard to explain how easily the addiction happened to people that aren't your "typical" drug addicts (whatever that may be). My small community up here in northern Maine was just like the mining community in Virginia. We loss so many people just like Betsy - young, active, loved to play sports. We are still losing people to this -- just a couple of weeks ago one of my best friends in high school lost her twin brother to a drug overdose. Yes, drugs will always find a way in small towns - not much else for teens to do - but the numbers of drug overdoses and break ins in pharmacies, and strange murders that went unsolved but without question were drug motivated - all rose by an alarming amount when opioids were as common as candy. The Sacklers will never understand what their greed and lust for money truly did to the human condition and will never understand, nor will they ever be punished enough for harm they brought into these same communities. 

Please, please, please, everyone watch this show. And please understand how frighteningly accurate this show is. 
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Logline: The series takes viewers to the epicenter of America's struggle with opioid addiction, from the boardrooms of Purdue Pharma, to a distressed Virginia mining community, to the hallways of the DEA.
Created by: Danny Strong
Writers: Beth Macy, Benjamin Rubin, Jessica Mecklenberg & Eoghan O'Donnell
Streaming service it can be found on: Hulu
Number of seasons: 1 (Limited)
Number of episodes: 8
Year premiered:  2021


Darci's Thoughts: How this show is billed as a comedy, I'll never know. I don't think it makes a good comedy, but I think it makes a brilliant drama(dy)! And this show brought George (T.R. Knight) back to TV! Oh, how I have missed my George. This was a fun thriller with a great mystery. I was onboard from the beginning. At first the split screen wasn't a favorite thing of mine, but it certainly grew on me, now I want all shows to be made that way! 
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐☆
Logline: A reckless flight attendant with an alcoholism problem wakes up in the wrong hotel, in the wrong bed, with a dead man - and no idea what happened. Unable to piece the night together, she begins to wonder if she could be the killer.
Created by: Steve Yockey & Natalie Chaidez (co-showrunners)
Writers: Christopher A. Bohjalian, Kara Lee Corthron, Ryan Jennifer Jones, Ticona S. Joy, Meredith Lavender, Jess Meyer, Marcie Ulin, Ian Weinreich
Streaming service it can be found on: HBOMax
Number of seasons: 1 - season 2 is coming
Number of episodes: 8
Year premiered: 2020






Darci's Thoughts: I know, I know, I'm probably the last person on the planet to watch this series all the way through. I always loved this show when it was on, I just never actually watched it from start to finish before. It was time. I freaking love Lorelei! She works hard and really tries to always be the best mom and to fall in love. I actually really loved Christopher for Lorelei and wish that relationship would have worked out. And I loved Rory when she was in high school and living with her mom. Her first year of college, she was alright, but then Logan. Yuck. About the only thing I liked about him was his nickname for her, I just loved that he called her Ace. But I think he turned her into a self-entitled brat. And I hate how strained Rory and Lorelai's relationship was once he came in the picture. Not a Logan fan! And Sooki! Gah! It's so fun to watch Melissa McCarthy before she became Melissa McCarthy. I also think Lauren Graham is forever my favorite actress to play a mom. In every mom role she's had, she just always seems like the best mom to have (next to mine, of course). I enjoyed most of these seasons, the last 2 or 3 were painful at times to watch. I'm glad I finally watched all of it, though! 
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐☆☆☆
Logline: A dramedy centering around the relationship between a thirtysomething single mother and her teen daughter living in Stars Hollow, Connecticut.
Created by: Amy Sherman-Palladino
Writers: Daniel Palladino, Rebecca Kirshner, John Stephens, David S. Rosenthal, Sheila R. Lawrence, Joan Binder Weiss, Linda Loiselle Guzik, David Babcock, Jennie Snyder Urman, Janet Leahy, Elaine Arata, Jane Espenson, James Berg, Bill Prady, Stan Zimmerman, Keith Eisner, Gayle Abrams, Gina Fattore, Jenji Kohan, Jed Seidel, Joanne T. Waters, Allan Heinberg, Frank Lombardi, Justin Tanner, Scott Kaufer, Jessica Queller, Lisa Randolph, David Grae, Rina Mimoun & Jordon Nardino
Network: CW
Streaming service it can be found on: Netflix
Number of seasons: 7
Number of episodes: 154
Year premiered: 2000


Darci's Thoughts: Probably my least favorite thing I watched this year. It feels like it's not sure what it wants to be. It's part Gilmore Girls, part Little Fires Everywhere, part other shows I don't remember. The problem is the other shows did the storylines better. I am really intrigued about where season 2 will go after that ending and will give 2 a try. But it's going to have to work hard to win me over.
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐☆☆☆☆☆☆
Logline: Ginny Miller, an angsty fifteen-year-old, often feels more mature than her thirty-year-old mother, the irresistible and dynamic Georgia Miller.
Created by: Debra J. Fisher
Writers: Sarah Lampert
Streaming service it can be found on: Netflix
Number of seasons: 1 - season 2 is coming
Number of episodes: 10
Year premiered: 2021


Darci's Thoughts: This was a series rewatch for me so my parents could see it. I just remembered that I loved it, but I forgot most of it, so it was good to rewatch it. I really enjoyed it the second time too. Also, why Virginia Kull doesn't work more steadily, I'll never know why. She's a brilliant actress in all that she does. I first discovered her in theatre and have been following her TV career since. 
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐☆☆
Logline: When a young boy is found dead on an idyllic beach, a major police investigation gets underway in the small California seaside town where the tragedy occurred. Soon deemed a homicide, the case sparks a media frenzy, which throws the boy's family into further turmoil and upends the lives of all of the town's residents.
Created by: Chris Chibnall
Writers: Anya Epstein, Dan Futterman & Jason Kim
Network: Fox
Streaming service it can be found on: Netflix
Number of seasons:
Number of episodes: 10
Year premiered: 2014


Darci's Thoughts: I have a very real problem of abandoning shows after I started watching them, and this show was no exception. This was another slow burner of a show that I was only half interested in, so I stopped watching it about 4 or 5 episodes in and only recently finished it. Gah! So good! So, so, so good! My head was reeling after the finale. Where did Izzy go? I wish she did meet up with Mia, the only mom figure she really had in her life. I was a bit disappointed that Mia could just so easily leave her behind after they bonded. And Elena! Gah! She's one of those characters you love to hate. She's so spiteful! I do hope now with her house burnt down and Izzy running away, she will stop always having to be so perfect. This is a good example of why perfection is never attainable -- it just drives a wedge in your family more.
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Logline: Based on Celeste Ng's 2017 bestseller, "Little Fires Everywhere" follows the intertwined fates of the picture-perfect Richardson family and the enigmatic mother and daughter who upend their lives.
Created by: Liz Tigelaar
Writers: Celeste Ng, Shannon Houston, Harris Danow, Rosa Handelman, Attica Locke, Raamia Mohamed, Amy Talkington & Nancy Won
Streaming service it can be found on: Hulu
Number of seasons: 1 (Limited)
Number of episodes: 8
Year premiered: 2020


Darci's Thoughts: The Manhattan Project is one of those events in history that fascinates me. If you ever believe the government would never lie to its people ... just google this. I thought this show was really well done. It was another slow burner, but it was still interesting along the way. Also when I started watching it, I had no idea Rachel Bronsnahan was in it, so I was quite excited to see her in something so different from Maisel, but still similar since it was in the same time period. I was surprised to read how fictionalized this show was and most of the characters. It was engrossing the whole time. It's worth a watch!  
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐☆☆
Logline:  In 1943, in Los Alamos, New Mexico, a team of government scientists is working on the top secret Manhattan Project in a race to produce an atomic bomb before the Nazis. Meanwhile, their families adjust to a life on the military base.
Created by: Sam Shaw
Writers: Noelle Valdivia, Gideon Yago, Lila Byock, Mark Lafferty, Scott Brown, Vinnie Wilhelm, Dustin Thomason, Ryan Harriss, Tom Spezialy, Nathaniel Halpern, Lisa Melamed, Megan Ferrell Burke & Alexander Woo
Network: WGN America
Streaming service it can be found on: AMC+
Number of seasons: 2
Number of episodes: 23
Year premiered: 2014
 

Darci's Thoughts: I have mixed feelings on this show. I loved it overall, it did a lot of things right. The mystery was intriguing and had me guessing until the very end, I certainly didn't see the killer being the little boy! And Kate Winslet was brilliant as Mare, I think this was really the first thing I saw her in since Titanic, so I really loved seeing what a fine actress Rose grew into. The thing that bothered me the most is probably what made this show so enduring for so many people - the portrayal of small town life. Here's what I do know living in a small town -- people who stay here don't feel stuck. It really bothered me how much Mare seemed to hate and felt bored with Easttown. Mare is a detective, she literally can get a job doing that anywhere. She very easily could have moved to a big city, or another small town with that skill set. Which brings up another question -- why does Easttown even have a homicide detective on their payroll? Up in my neck of the woods, we don't have any local because so few murders happen up here, it wouldn't be a full time job. We have homicide detectives for the whole state of Maine. Easttown strikes me as the small town that doesn't usually have a ton of murders either. But I often just shook my head - no, for Mare to live there that long, it's a choice, she's not stuck or trapped there. I just wanted her to like her small town more and where she came from. And the basketball thing is a big deal! (I say this as coming from the small town that currently has back to back boys championship team -- the first gold ball we won since the early '80s. Hometown pride is a thing. I didn't always have it myself, but the older I get, the more I appreciate where I come from.) But with that aside, I did enjoy and really liked the show. (also, ouch, Mare, never hearing of Bates College. It's a pretty big school in Maine.)   
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐☆☆☆☆
Logline: A detective in a small Pennsylvania town investigates a local murder while trying to keep her life from falling apart.
Created by: Brad Ingelsby
Streaming service it can be found on: HBOMax
Number of seasons: 1 - season 2 is comin
Number of episodes: 7
Year premiered: 2021


Darci's Thoughts: Another show I was unsure about to watch, it just didn't look or sound that interesting to me. But then curiosity got the better of me. This series could not be more fitting of the #metoo era. I'd be curious to see how this show ages in 10 to 20 years, if it'll still feel revenant. There were times when Bradley and Alex felt more whiny than strong women paving their way. I at times wanted them to have more agency over what was happening around them, but in the grand scheme of the seasons, I think those moments were needed for the payoff of how both of the seasons ended (one reason why I don't believe episodes should be reviewed individually). One thing this show did extremely well is to find the biggest cliffhanger to end each episode on. I am so in love with the season one finale! Gah! There were so many different ways it could have played out, and I had in my head how I wanted it to go down, but the way it did end up playing out, I couldn't see that option. So, so brilliant. I also really loved Claire, most episodes she was my favorite character. She is headstrong and never wavered on her values or what she wanted. Also watching season 2 at the end of 2021 and seeing how they brought in the pandemic and that slow burn was like watching a horror movie and part comedy. It was like watching our past selves before we had the full picture, and laughing at how wrong they were. I thought that storyline was really well done. Can't wait for season 3!     
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐☆☆
Logline: An inside look at the lives of the people who help America wake up in the morning, exploring the unique challenges faced by the men and women who carry out this daily televised ritual.
Created by: Jay Carson & Kerry Ehrin (showrunner)
Writers: Brian Stelter, Ali Vingiano, Jeff Augustin, Scott Troy, Erica Lipez, Adam Milch, Torrey Speer, Kristen Layden, Brian Chamberlayne, J.C. Lee, Justin Matthews & Stacy Osei-Kuffour
Streaming service it can be found on: Apple+
Number of seasons: 2 - season 3 is coming
Number of episodes: 20
Year premiered: 2019


Darci's Thoughts: This show. I started watching it weekly, but lost interest in it about 5 episodes in, so I stopped watching it as my parents stayed caught up with it. Mom told me that the last episodes were really good. I finally finished it a couple of weeks ago - yup. I abandoned the show right when it started to pay off. The thing with shows that are a slow burn, you really have to dedicate yourself to the show to get the pay off. But I'm so glad I went back to this show. A lot of mind blowing moments. The last episode certainly makes it all worth it. If you are like me and abandoned it halfway through, go back and finish it. You'll be glad you did. 
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐☆
Logline: Nine stressed city dwellers visit a boutique health-and-wellness resort that promises healing and transformation. The resort's director is a woman on a mission to reinvigorate their tired minds and bodies.
Created by: John-Henry Butterworth & David E. Kelley (showrunner)
Writers: Liane Moriarty, Jonathan Levine, Jessica Sharzer, Samantha Strauss
Streaming service it can be found on: Hulu
Number of seasons: 1 (Limited)
Number of episodes: 8
Year premiered: 2021


Darci's Thoughts: I rewatched the earlier seasons with my parents who saw it for the first time since I wanted to watch season 4 but couldn't remember much about the earlier seasons. I almost loved it more the second time when I binged it all. This is a smart, well done series that managed to avoid falling in that trap on losing its footing after a strong first season. That's so rare.
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐☆
Logline: A financial advisor drags his family from Chicago to the Missouri Ozarks, where he must launder money to appease a drug boss.
Created by: Bill Dubuque, Mark Williams & Chris Mundy (showrunner)
Writers: Paul Kolsby, Ning Zhou, Martin Zimmerman, Ryan Farley, Alyson Feltes, Whit Anderson, David Manson, Miki Johnson, John Shiban, Laura Deeley
Streaming service it can be found on: Netflix
Number of seasons: 4 - season 5 is coming
Number of episodes: 44
Year premiered: 2017


Darci's Thoughts: After I watched Dope Sick, I was then interested in watching this. So fascinating and heartbreaking all at once. And it was the same in my neck of the woods in the height of the opioid crisis - the people that were hooked on them knew which doctors would just prescribe the pills - no questions asked. We had the "pain clinics" up here. To my knowledge, they didn't run all through the night like this one, but I can't say that for certain. I hate how accurate this documentary is for how it happened in northern Maine too. And how it's still happening -- just with other drugs. This is a problem that will never fully go away now. Once you open Pandora's Box, it's impossible to ever go back. 
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐☆☆
Logline: In 1999, after losing his son in a drug-related shooting in New Orleans and lacking answers from police, a small town pharmacist - Dan Schneider - beats the odds when he embarks on a dogged pursuit to find and bring his son's killer to justice. But months later, the ripple effects of his son's addiction and tragic death would find him again when a troubling number of young, seemingly healthy people begin visiting Dan's pharmacy with high dose prescriptions for OxyContin. Sensing a crisis long before the opioid epidemic had gained nationwide attention, Dan stakes a mission: Save the lives of other sons and daughters within his community. Then take the fight to Big Pharma itself.
Created by:
Writers: Lana Barkin, Jenner Furst, Jed Lipinski & Julia Wiloughby Nason
Streaming service it can be found on: Netflix
Number of seasons: 1 (Limited)
Number of episodes: 4
Year premiered: 2020


Darci's Thoughts: I really loved season one. I was sucked into the storyline and was all in for the mystery. Season two fell victim to the sophomore slump, I felt. Season two felt like it didn't know what it wanted to be. 
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐☆☆☆☆☆
Logline: A tough US Air Force officer and a skeptical scientist investigate UFO and alien conspiracies as Cold War paranoia spreads.
Created by: David O'Leary
Writers: Emily Brochin, Alec Wells, Sara Jablonski, Harley Peyton, Thania St. John, Linda Burstyn, Stewart Kaye & Aaron Rapke
Network: History
Streaming service it can be found on:
Number of seasons: 2
Number of episodes: 20
Year premiered: 2019

Darci's Thoughts: I'm not gonna lie, I'm always a sucker for a good UFO series. I really loved this fresh take on aliens and how Harry tries to blend in to his community. But, as always, his cover slowly started to unravel. I'm quite excited to see where season 2 will go. I really loved the tone of this show. It's part sci-fi, part drama, but mostly comedy. This is just a fun show to watch, and it's easy to binge.  
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐☆
Logline: A crash-landed alien named Harry who takes on the identity of a small-town Colorado doctor and slowly begins to wrestle with the moral dilemma of his secret mission on Earth.
Created by: Chris Sheridan
Writers: Peter Hogan, Steven Parkhouse, Sarah Beckett, Elias Benavidez, Emily Eslami, Jeffrey Nieves, Tazbah Chavez, Njeri Brown, Nastaran Dibai & Christian Taylor
Network: NBC
Streaming service it can be found on: Peacock
Number of seasons: 1 - season 2 is coming
Number of episodes: 10
Year premiered: 2021

Darci's Thoughts: Another series I finally checked off my bucket list of shows I need to watch. I mostly wanted to watch this series to see what all the hoopla was about the series finale, and I get it, it was brilliant. This series, although felt extra depressing watching during a pandemic, was wonderful, so well done. Binging it, by about season 3 / 4, it felt repetitive. I have a feeling this is a series much better enjoyed over years and not weeks, but this series came out way before streaming was a thing, so it was never meant to be binged. I'm glad I finally watched it, it was also hard not to see "Dexter" and "Adam Braverman" on the screen - another downfall of watching this series after I fell in love with the actors in their later iconic roles.  
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐☆☆☆☆
Logline: A chronicle of the lives of a dysfunctional family who run an independent funeral home in Los Angeles.
Created by: Alan Ball
Writers: Nancy Oliver, Rick Cleveland, Kate Robin, Bruce Eric Kaplan, Scott Buck, Joey Soloway, Craig Wright, Laurence Andries, Christian Taylor, Christian Williams, Johnny Otto, Tim Williams
Network: HBO
Streaming service it can be found on: HBOMax
Number of seasons: 5
Number of episodes: 63
Year premiered: 2001


Darci's Thoughts: I know as a theatre nerd it took me too long to watch this series. I have mixed feelings about it. I LOVED the subject matter and the plight and struggles of the writers to get their musical to Broadway, and then following the actors journeys too. Season one knew what it was. Season two fell into that sophomore slump that so many shows do of not being able to find it's footing again. After watching tick...tick...BOOM recently, I have a newfound respect for Kyle's character that paralleled Jonathan Larson's death right before his career blossomed. (gut wrenching!) But overall season two struggled, trying to find what worked so well in season one. 
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐☆☆☆☆
Logline: More drama occurs behind the scenes than on stage, as the team prepares an ambitious Broadway musical on the life of Marilyn Monroe.
Created by: Theresa Rebeck
Writers: Garson Kanin, Becky Mode, Scott Burkhardt, Julie Rottenberg, Elisa Zuritsky, Julia Brownell, Joshua Safran, David Marshall Grant, Jason Grote, Bathsheba Doran, Bryan Goluboff, Jordon Nardino, Noelle Valdivia, Jerome Hairston, Jacquelyn Reingold, Lakshmi Sundaram, Justin Brenneman & Liz Tuccillo
Network: NBC
Streaming service it can be found on: NBC 
Number of seasons: 2
Number of episodes: 32
Year premiered: 2012





Darci's Thoughts: I am always a sucker for shows about competitive sports (mostly ice skating and gymnastics) and the struggles and pressures put on these athletes to be at the top of their game. And then throw a mental illness in the mix too? I thought this series was really well done.    
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐☆☆
Logline: A figure skating Olympic hopeful's struggle to balance love, family and fragile mental health as her dream of winning takes a dizzying hold.
Created by: Samantha Stratton
Writers: Leon Chills, Elizabeth Higgins Clark, Jenny Lynn, Paul Keables, Elizabeth Peterson, Lara Olsen
Streaming service it can be found on: Netflix
Number of seasons: 1
Number of episodes: 10
Year premiered: 2020


Darci's Thoughts: 
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐☆☆
Logline: 
Created by: 
Network: 
Streaming service it can be found on: Netflix
Number of seasons: 
Number of episodes: 
Year premiered: 


Darci's Thoughts: I just watched this one recently. When this first came out and everyone was talking about it, I didn't hear much praise, so this wasn't one I was rushing to watch. But curiosity got the best of me so I finally watched it. Okay, I actually really loved this series! It held a bit of a mystery to it that did not disappoint in the end. I really loved the newlywed couple that the series spent a lot of time with. I really appreciated that although these people are really rich, they still had a lot of problems. No one had the perfect life here, although on the outside it might look that way. I found it had a lot of heart and depth to it. More than I thought it would.
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐☆
Logline: Set in a tropical resort, it follows the exploits of various guests and employees over the span of a week.
Created by: Mike White
Streaming service it can be found on: HBOMax
Number of seasons: 1
Number of episodes: 6
Year premiered: 2020

Darci's Thoughts: I loved season one a lot, I thought it was so creative the way the three different storylines from three different time periods weaved together, with only the house connecting these women. But I was a bit disappointed with season two. The storyline was strong and interesting, but it was only one storyline. I kept waiting for the other two storylines to come in, but it never happened. But as for what season two was, I was still drawn in and enjoyed the storyline.
Rating: 
Logline: An anthology series that follows three women in different decades all living in the same house, as they deal with infidelity and betrayals in their marriages.
Created by: Marc Cherry
Writers: Mary Elizabeth Hamilton, Joe Keenan, Austin Guzman, Curtis Kheel, Hannah Schneider, Alexa Junge, Greg Malins, Randi Mayem Singer, Brendan Stephan, Jeff Strauss, Stacey Harman & Joshua Michael Stern 
Streaming service it can be found on: Paramount+
Number of seasons: 2
Number of episodes: 20
Year premiered: 2019

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Episode 15: Cole Quirk

Episode 12: Jackie Penn

Episode 1 - Dana Kitchens