Darci's 2021 TV Roundup - Half Hour Edition


I thought I'd wrap up the year by posting two blogs featuring all the shows in their entirety (that I can remember anyways).

This list of the 40 half hour shows that I watched - sitcoms, dramas, dramedies, thrillers - from both 2021, and I also included older shows that I watched too - because, well, what is time these days?

In a year of uncertainty and not going out as much as I usually do, I turned to old friends that I often turn to when I need a laugh, and I created new friends - fell in love with new worlds.

I love binge watching TV series' and getting lost in other worlds, getting to know characters as they make stupid decisions, discover who they are, find love, fall out of love. I always end up getting so sucked into the worlds that when I finish a series, I always feel a sense of sadness feel like I am leaving my friends behind.

I love television and getting to life a thousand lives vicariously through these complex, living, breathing characters that feel like so much more than figments of the showrunners imagination.

Also no guarantees all my thoughts on the shows that I watched are spoiler free if you haven't seen the series yet. Read with caution.



Darci's Thoughts: I ended up watching this series twice - the first time I watched it, I found myself siding with Claire more and putting the blame on Eric for inciting the relationship. Until the brilliant finale where Eric finally gets to confront her ten years later and he spells it out for her. Huh. I could see his POV too. So the second time I tracked his events and I could understand where he was coming from. But I guess that was the point of this series and to show how sneaky grooming is. Well done! Also the episode where Claire was released from jail and still getting judged by society and not being able to find a job because she has to check the box about criminal history- YES! My bachelor’s is in criminal justice and I cannot say enough how true to life this is and that this is a huge reason why recidivism rates are often so high. I wish more shows touched upon that reality. Also another reason why I felt for Claire. This show was brilliant on many levels! 
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐☆
Logline: A Teacher explores the complexities and consequences of a predatory relationship between Claire Wilson, a young teacher at a suburban Texas high school and her student, Eric Walker.
Created by: Hannah Fidell
Writers: Rosa Handelman, Boo Killebrew, Andrew Neel, Dana Kitchens & Ruby Rae Spiegel
Network: FX
Streaming service it can be found on: Hulu
Number of seasons: 1 (Limited)
Number of episodes: 10
Year premiered: 2020


Darci's Thoughts: Over the summer, I was on a bit of a kick watching kid shows when a couple of my writing cohorts and I were entertaining the idea of writing a kids web series. That didn’t pan out, but I found some really cute shows. The little girl that played J.J. (Juliet Donenfeld) made this show for me. I just love to watch animated, sometimes over-the-top (in a good way) kiddos on screen. Her dad is a pro- wrestler and she has two older sisters that she has to keep in line. It kept me entertained through all ten episodes, I actually was wishing there was more when I finished. If you’re just looking for some cute and fluffy entertainment, this show will have you smiling!
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐☆☆☆
Logline: When Big Show's teenage daughter comes to live with him and his wife and two other daughters, he quickly becomes outnumbered and outsmarted. Despite being 7 feet tall and weighing 400 pounds, he is no longer the center of attention.
Created by: Jason Berger & Josh Bycel
Writers: Rebecca Delgado Smith, Jessica Elaina Eason, Jen McCartney, Brian Bradley, Danielle Uhlarik, Paul O\"Toole, Joanna Quraishi & Andy St. Clair
Streaming service it can be found on: Netflix
Number of seasons: 1
Number of episodes: 10
Year premiered: 2020


Darci's Thoughts: I love cats, I've always been a cat person and have grown up with always having a houseful of cats, so this show was super appealing to me. One thing I really loved that this show did was they had the cast break that fourth wall at the end of every episode to take a bow - just like in theatre! I don't remember seeing another multi-cam show do this, so I really appreciated it. It made my theatre heart happy. I also am loving at how many shows are now about "older" single women without kids yet - it's nice to see myself reflected on TV, especially in characters that their lives don't evolve solely around the decision to get married and have kids, or not, but in characters that are okay with where they currently are in life. I really like the character of Kat.
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐☆☆☆☆
Logline: A 39-year-old woman decides to use the money her parents had been saving for her wedding to open a cat-themed cafe.
Created by: Darlene Hunt
Writers: Kimberly Altamirano, Miranda Hart, David Holden, Lauren Bridges, Adam Faberman, Amy Hubbs, Laura Krafft, Molly Schreiber & Howard Jordan Jr.
Network: Fox
Streaming service it can be found on: Hulu
Number of seasons: 1 - season 2 coming
Number of episodes: 13
Year premiered: 2021


Darci's Thoughts: This was a great show to watch only a few months after graduating from grad school because some of the professors in this department reminded me of some of my professor's at Boston University. I really loved how many lost and broken characters are in this show. I am looking forward to seeing where season 2 is going to go!
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐☆☆☆
Logline: At a major university, the first woman of color to become chair tries to meet the dizzying demands and high expectations of a failing English department.
Created by: Amanda Peet & Annie Julia Wyman
Writers: Jennifer Kim, Andrea Troyer & Richard Robbins
Streaming service it can be found on: Netflix
Number of seasons: 1 - season 2 coming
Number of episodes: 6
Year premiered: 2021


Darci's Thoughts: This is a show I have kept up with since the first season. I always loved Roseanne, so it's fun to keep up with the Conner's even after her death. In every episode, I find either Jackie or Darlene stealing the show. (Who else remembers Jackie sitting in the bathtub after smoking pot "nobody loves me!" Such a classic moment of TV!) The Conners feels like it's finding its footing and creating its own identity beyond its mothership. 
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
Logline: Follow-up to the comedy series Roseanne (1988), centering on the family members of the matriarch after her sudden death.
Created by: Dave Caplan, Bruce Helford & Bruce Rasmussen
Writers: Amy Fox, Daniel Talbott, Simone Finch, Jena Friedman, Jana Hunter, Cory Caplan, Sid Youngers, Emily R. Wilson, Deddy Wolfe, Erica Montolfo-Bura, Kimberly Altamirano, Darlene Hunt, Liz Astrof, Ali Liebegott, Alicia Goranson & Mark J. Kunerth
Network: ABC
Streaming service it can be found on: Hulu
Number of seasons: 4
Number of episodes: 62
Year premiered: 2018


Darci's Thoughts: This was such a fun find on IMDBtv! I haven't watched that app much, I just thought this show looked fun as I was scrolling through the shows one day, and I was hooked from the cold open on the pilot. It's set in Dog River, Saskatchewan, Canada. It's a small town filled with some very interesting characters that just really love where they live. This is just a fun glimpse into life in a small town. The characters love to play practical jokes on each other, lots of bickering ensues, but at the end of the day, this show is just filled with love and it makes you happy. I mean, they are Canadian, they say "sorry" too much and anyone from "away" that stops by this town genuinely don't know where they are. This is just a great show to watch if you want to see what it's like to live in small towns. This show often reminds me of my little patch of the world in northern Maine. You don't always like it, but it's always home and a part of you - for better or worse.
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐☆☆
Logline: The life, or lack thereof, of a proprietor of a gas station, which is the only stop for miles around and a hub of action on the Prairies.
Created by: Brent Butt, Mark Farrell & David Storey
Writers: Andrew Carr, Virginia Thompson, Kevin White, Paul Mather, Rob Sheridan, Gary Pearson, Lindsay Lee, Dylan Wertz, Dylan Worts, Tim McAuliffe, Norm Hiscock, Carolyn Taylor, Iain MacLean, Chris Finn & Colin McNeil
Network: CTV
Streaming service it can be found on: IMDBtv
Number of seasons: 6
Number of episodes: 107
Year premiered: 2004


Darci's Thoughts: I love NASCAR so I was interested in this show. I always love watching the pit crews go to work when the cars pit on the track - it's so fascinating watching how fast they can change four tires! But, um, I don't know what I was expecting or hoping for from this show, but I know I didn't get it. I really wanted to enjoy it more than I did.  
Rating: ⭐☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
Logline: Life in the garage swerves off track for a NASCAR crew chief and his tight-knit racing team when a new boss steps in and shakes things up.
Created by: Jeff Lowell
Writers: Chelsea Catalanotto, Pete Correale, Diana Gettinger, Monica Hewes, Kenan A. Kel, Burke Johnson, Jessica Kravitz, Michael Loftus, Alexandra Melnick, Rock Reuben & William Vallery
Streaming service it can be found on: Netflix
Number of seasons: 1
Number of episodes: 10
Year premiered: 2021


Darci's Thoughts: Hi, I am addicted to classic sitcoms. I’m glad I was able to check some series’ off my watch list that I’ve been wanting to watch from start to finish. And how can one go wrong with Dick Van Dyke AND Mary Tyler Moore? Simply- you can’t! This show I feel should be a must watch for aspiring TV writers- it’s literally a show about Rob Petri as he writes for a variety comedy show with Buddy and Sally. It’s from the 60’s, and it had a female TV writer! Talk about groundbreaking! Sally is one of the gals that fits in with the men, but can still hold her own as a lady. And she often could think of jokes when her male writing partners couldn’t. It’s empowering to watch. Moore’s role as Rob’s wife Laura was more how women were portrayed on TV in those days and she was sorely underused most of the time. But she did have her episodes where her comic chops were on display. And I was just living for every time Rob and Laura performed together- which was a lot! If you haven’t watched this series from start to finish yet, do yourself a favor and treat yourself to a classic at its best! (Also, this is the show that Garry Marshall got his start - who later went on to create Happy Days, Laverne & Shirley, Mork & Mindy, The Odd Couple and so much more! Thanks Carl Reiner for giving him his start! — Also a fun fact: in later years Garry’s sister Penny married Carl’s son Rob (from Laverne & Shirley and All in the Family fame). Sometimes it’s fun to trace how people met and to wonder if still would have crossed paths if previous events played out differently. It’s all about networking.)
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐☆☆☆☆
Logline: The misadventures of a TV writer both at work and at home.
Created by: Carl Reiner
Writers: Sam Denoff, Bill Persky, Garry Marshall, Carl Kleinschmitt, Dale McRaven, Howard Merrill, John Whedon, Sheldon Keller, Martin Ragaway, Frank Tarloff, Bill Idelson, Ernest Chambers, Joseph C. Cavella, Walter Kempley, Ed Haas, Norm Liebmann, Ronald Alexander, Jay Burton, Art Baer, Ben Joelson, Lawrence J. Cohen, Fred Freeman, Rick Mittleman, Joseph Bonaduce, R.S. Allen, Harvey Bullock, Lee Erwin, Ben Gershman, Arnold Peyser, Lois Peyser, Jack Raymond, Leo Solomon, Ray Brenner, Jack Guss, Nathaniel Curtis, Joan Darling, Howard Ostroff, Ronald Axe & Jack Winter
Network: CBS
Streaming service it can be found on: Hulu
Number of seasons: 5
Number of episodes: 158
Year premiered: 1961


Darci's Thoughts: I'm glad this show lands after The Dick Van Dyke Show because this show should be another must watch for aspiring TV writers! I first watched this show years ago, but after I had to watch an episode for a class this past semester, I realized it was time for a rewatch, and I'm so glad I did! It was just as fun the second time around. I don't know why, but for some reason watching shows that show how awful the industry can be at times, really makes me want to be a part of it even more. I think I'm just a glutton for punishment, hah! It's certainly a nightmare situation for the married writers to have to write the awful show Pucks! and the network tries to make the show the exact opposite what they want it to be ... but all this conflict is certainly rife for TV comedy! This show really feels like the creators are just basing this show on their awful experiences in Hollywood. If that's the case, this is a great example of when suffering for the art paid off in a big way! But seriously, watch this show if you haven't yet.
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐☆☆
Logline: A couple of British TV producers move to Hollywood to export their most popular series, and find it is not what they expected.
Created by: David Crane & Jeffrey Klarik (co-showrunners)
Network: Show Time
Streaming service it can be found on: Netflix
Number of seasons: 5
Number of episodes: 41
Year premiered: 2011


Darci's Thoughts: This show is cute fluff. I loved the invisible piano in the apartment that everyone kept running into.
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
Logline: A one-hit-wonder band from the '90s gets a second shot at fame when a young rapper samples their song.
Created by: Meredith Scardino (showrunner)
Writers: Anna Drezen, Michael Koman, Ava Coleman, Chelsea Devantez, Azie Mira Dungey, Lauren Gurganous, Berkley Johnson, Matt Murray & Matt Whitaker
Streaming service it can be found on: Peacock
Number of seasons: 1 - season 2 coming
Number of episodes: 8
Year premiered: 2021


Darci's Thoughts: I always feel like anthology shows are hard to pull off in a way that they work and it makes sense. With this show, season one is so brilliantly done. The recurring characters are just a lot of fun, and they have just the right amount of conflict. Each episode is the new person or family that stays in the Froggie cabin, and all of the guests are just the right amount of crazy that it keeps you interested. Each episode ends with a hint of who the next guests are and what crazy they are going to bring, along with a band that plays a cover song that sums up their story, it feels like a hoedown type concert. And then each episode starts with two guys at a vending machine at an office job. One guy is watching the show on TV so he recaps what you need to know with the recurring characters in case you missed the last episode. The story telling tricks that are used just feel really clever and it adds to the atmosphere of the arc. Then in the last episode, they manage to bring back all the guests in quick phone calls so it just makes the world feel complete. I absolutely loved the first season. The second season unfortunately jumped the shark and it was a completely different format and it didn't work as well for me. My favorite part of season two was when the recurring characters from one came for a visit.    
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐☆☆☆☆☆
Logline: For a tiny cottage in a tiny town, this place sure will see lots of baggage. Each episode, new guests will bring their own special brand of crazy.
Created by: Gregory Thomas Garcia
Writers: Gina Gari
Network: TBS
Streaming service it can be found on: Hulu
Number of seasons: 2
Number of episodes: 20
Year premiered: 2017


Darci's Thoughts: Female power! I loved Deborah and Ava's relationship, how they bickered a lot, but they were honest to each other - sometimes brutally so. But through the honestly, they formed a real bond. This show had a lot of depth and heart to it.
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐☆☆
Logline: Explores a dark mentorship that forms between Deborah Vance, a legendary Las Vegas comedian, and an entitled, outcast 25-year-old.
Created by: Lucia Aniello, Paul W. Downs & Jen Statsky (showrunner)
Writers: Katherine Kearns, Joanna Calo, Ariel Karlin, Andrew Law, Pat Regan & Samantha Riley
Streaming service it can be found on: HBOMax
Number of seasons: 1 - season 2 is coming
Number of episodes: 10
Year premiered: 2021


Darci's Thoughts: This show! This is filed in the category that is forever left as a cliffhanger! We will never know what the mysterious shadowy figure that was following Sydney around! I hate when shows end with that perfect cliffhanger to pick up in the next season ... that never ends up coming. I loved the backstory with her dad. I thought the pacing was really well done with her discovering new superpowers. I really enjoyed this one and wish it was getting a season two!
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐☆☆☆
Logline: Sydney is a teenage girl navigating the trials and tribulations of high school while dealing with the complexities of her family, her budding sexuality, and mysterious superpowers just beginning to awaken deep within her.
Created by: Jonathan Entwistle (showrunner) & Christy Hall
Writers: Charles S. Forsman, Tripper Clancy, Liz Elverenli & Jenna Westover
Streaming service it can be found on: Netflix
Number of seasons: 1
Number of episodes: 7
Year premiered: 2020

Darci's Thoughts: 
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐☆☆
Logline: 
Created by: 
Network: 
Streaming service it can be found on: 
Number of seasons: 
Number of episodes: 
Year premiered:



Darci's Thoughts: Another series rewatch for me. This is one of my Mom's favorite shows because she worked in an IT office for 45 years - not as IT, doing more billing. But she loves this show for how accurate Roy and Moss are playing IT guys. And yes, the phrase "did you turn it off and on?" really is the most asked question in the office. Roy and Moss are super dorky guys that will quickly warm your heart. One thing I always love about this show is how committed they are to their lies. They end up in some of the most ridiculous situations. This is a great show to watch to learn how to escalate a scene and how to stay committed to the lie you are telling. It just skyrockets the comedy! 
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐☆☆
Logline: The comedic misadventures of Roy, Moss and their grifting supervisor Jen, a rag-tag team of IT support workers at a large corporation headed by a hotheaded yuppie.
Created by: Graham Linehan (showrunner)
Network: IFC
Streaming service it can be found on: Netflix
Number of seasons: 5
Number of episodes: 25
Year premiered: 2006


Darci's Thoughts: This is one of these shows that I'm basically always in the middle of a rewatch. I really don't know what it is about this show, but I can't seem to get enough of it even though it's the exact definition of humor I typically don't find funny. The characters are awful people with zero redeeming qualities. They are crude and just horrible people that you should hate -- but I don't why they are so loveable. This show is always a mystery to me. I think it's the way they tackle the absolute worse subject matters, but they just go for it. Nothing about this show is politically correct, it's quite the opposite. It's quite bold and daring. It certainly makes a statement. I think by being these awful people and frankly, not knowing they are awful, they are able to make a statement by showing how ridiculous these situations are and different types of awful people that exist, and it is able to shine a light on why the world is the way it is. It's actually kind of brilliant at its heart. I also really love all the physical comedy that is involved with this show, especially by Sweet Dee (Kaitlin Olson). Obsessed. Also this new season so far is killing it! The first episode that was 2020 in review -- killed me! And it makes 2020 make so much more sense now! haha! 
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐☆☆
Logline: Five friends with big egos and small brains are the proprietors of an Irish pub in Philadelphia.
Created by: Glenn Howerton, Rob McElhenney (showrunner)
Writers: Charlie Day, David Hornsby, Scott Marder, Rob Rosell, Andy Jones, Adam Weinstock, Erin Ryan, Sung-Jin Lee, Patrick Walsh, Conor Galvin, Chadd Gindin, Dave Chernin, Matteo Borghese, Rob Turbovsky, John Chernin, Katie McElhenney, Maxwell Theodore Vivian, Dannah Feinglass Phirman, Megan Ganz, Danielle Schneider, Becky Mann, Audra Sielaff, Luvh Rakhe, Lance Krall, Mehar Sethi, Eric Ledgin, Keyonna Taylor, Eric Falconer, Chris Romano, Lisa Parsons, Elijah Aron, Adam Stein, Jordan Young, Charlie Hornsby, David Benioff, D.B. Weiss, Hunter Covington, Jon Silberman, Josh Silberman, John Harris, Nina Pedrad, Kristi Korzec
Network: FXX
Streaming service it can be found on: Hulu
Number of seasons: 18
Number of episodes: 164
Year premiered: 2005


Darci's Thoughts: Ah. Just Add Magic. This show was recommended by one of my friends who wants to work in children's media down the road. I fell in love with this show! I actually started watching it a second time because I was sad it was over. Kelly, Darby and Hannah are just the kind of friends you want to have. It's such a simple show - I can see it being one that kids eat up, but then it also has enough of a mystery to it that it also appeals to adults and it really makes you work to figure out all that is going on. This is just a really sweet, heartwarming binge that just makes you feel happy you watched it. And it also ends of enough cliffhangers that you can't stop watching! So in love with this show. If you have kids (or even if you don't), do yourself a favor and add some magic to your life! (If you grew up on the shows about magic and spells on Disney as a kid, you will love this one!) 
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐☆
Logline: Three friends cook up spells to unlock the secrets and curses that befall their small town.
Created by: Andrew Orenstein
Writers: John-Paul Nickel, Lauren Thompson, Aminta Goyel, Cindy Callaghan, Jacquie Walters, Taylor Cox, Luisa Leschin, Sarah Carbiener, Erica Rosbe, Marque Franklin-Williams, Matt Goldman, Denise Moss, Joanna Lewis, Kristine Songco, Zachary Panozzo & Nancy Cohen  
Streaming service it can be found on: Amazon Prime
Number of seasons: 3
Number of episodes: 52
Year premiered: 2015


Darci's Thoughts: Another anthology series that I enjoyed. Of course season one I had to watch for my fellow Mainer Anna Kendrick - I will watch her in anything. So season one honestly didn't have to work very hard for me to love it. Darby was such a mess, I could certainly relate to her. I do remember being disappointed with the guy that she ended up with, but I don't fully remember why, or which guy I liked better. I watched that season over the summer. But I just recently watched season two. Two had to work a bit harder to draw me in, but I was invested by episode two. I really love the narrator that chimes in during the episodes. I really like the usage of the narrator to give backstory and to tell us the bigger picture of how this encounter will or won't affect the course of their life. Sometimes I wish I had that omniscient narrator in my life that helps me see the bigger picture quicker as to why life isn't going my way. Don't we all? I also loved how they weaved the two seasons together and how Darby and Marcus were in the same room, but they didn't really know each other. It just really gives a glimpse of how we are all connected in some way, even if you don't know that you are or one day down the road might be connected to them. I just loved everything about that device!     
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐☆☆☆
Logline: Anna Kendrick stars in a fresh take on a romantic comedy anthology series about the journey from first love to lasting love, and how the people we're with along the way make us into who we are when we finally end up with someone forever.
Created by: Sam Boyd
Writers: Megan Mercier, Amain Berhane, Aundrea Posey, Bridget Bedard, Ali Liebowitz, Rachelle R. Williams, Leah Nanako Winkler, Franklin Hardy, Jaclyn Moore, Helin Jung, Ali Kinney, Neel Shah & Theo Travers
Streaming service it can be found on: HBOMax
Number of seasons: 2 - season 3 is coming
Number of episodes: 20
Year premiered: 2020



Darci's Thoughts: I love these kinds of stories that involves some conspiracy or cover up that most people deny happened or are threatened not to talk about it. This was an intriguing mystery that ended up going a lot deeper than she could have ever imagined. That last episode, though! Lia was willing to sacrifice everything to get to the truth, which can be either seen as noble or selfish. This show pulled me in from the start to finish. 
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐☆☆
Logline: Follows Lia Haddock, a journalist for American Public Radio (APR), as she unravels the mystery behind the disappearance of over 300 people at a neuroscience research facility in Tennessee.
Created by: Zack Akers & Skip Bronkie
Writers: Angel Varak-Iglar, Emmy Grinwis, Bryan Oh, Kelly Wiles, Chris Littler & Dan Moyer
Network: Facebook Watch
Streaming service it can be found on: Peacock
Number of seasons: 1 (Limited)
Number of episodes: 10
Year premiered: 2019 


Darci's Thoughts: Oh, I loved this one. It was strange, but in the best of ways. I loved how original this concept was, and so creepy! It's scary to think with technology going in the direction it is, that this might not by sci-fi one day. It really puts a new spin on domestic violence when the victim literally can not escape because the abuser is seeing the world as they are. I also really loved the storyline with her dad and his sex doll. It unexpectedly had a lot of heart to it. 
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐☆☆
Logline: A young woman, on the run after 10 years in a suffocating marriage to a tech billionaire, suddenly realizes that her husband has implanted a revolutionary monitoring device in her brain that allows him to track her every move.
Created by: Dean Bakopoulos, Christina Lee & Alissa Nutting
Writers: Patrick Somerville, Sarah McCarron, Sarah Labrie, Sarah Solemani & Kim Steele
Streaming service it can be found on: HBOMax
Number of seasons: 1 - season 2 is coming
Number of episodes: 8
Year premiered: 2021


Darci's Thoughts: I normally love this genre of murder mystery comedies, but at times I felt this one was a bit over the top.
Rating: ⭐☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
Logline: A murder-mystery writer named Abigail Mapleworth solves homicides in her quaint small town of New Woodstream.
Created by: John Lutz
Writers: Paula Pell
Network: Quibi
Streaming service it can be found on: Roku TV
Number of seasons: 1
Number of episodes: 12
Year premiered: 2020


Darci's Thoughts: Another rewatch for me. Another show that I watched as it aired throughout its 9 seasons, but didn't watch it since the finale aired. This show was still as funny. I think Brick will always be my favorite Heck with all his ticks and his love for books. I don't think this show will ever get old. 
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐☆☆
Logline: The daily mishaps of a married woman and her semi-dysfunctional family and their attempts to survive life in general in the town of Orson, Indiana.
Created by: Eileen Heisler & DeAnn Heline
Writers: Jana Hunter, Mitch Hunter, Tim Hobert, Roy Brown, Rich Dahm, Vijal Patel, Ilana Wernick, David S. Rosenthal, Rob Ulin, Robin Shorr, Bruce Rasmussen, Katy Ballard, Alex Reid, Michael Saltzman, Stacey Pulwer, Russ Woody, Jack Burditt, Ben Adams & A.J. Blum
Network: ABC
Streaming service it can be found on: HBOMax
Number of seasons: 9
Number of episodes: 215
Year premiered: 2009


Darci's Thoughts: I really appreciated how this show honored and kept calling back to the original Mighty Ducks.  Although this show maybe had one too many rousing speeches (is this a requirement for Disney shows?) it prevailed in the end when Gordon Bombay's misfit team ended up with the Mighty Ducks name. 
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
Logline: After failing to make the cut to join the now powerhouse Mighty Ducks junior hockey team, 12-year-old Evan's mother encourages him to form a new team of underdogs with help from Gordon Bombay, the Ducks' original coach.
Created by: Steven Brill, Josh Goldsmith & Cathy Yuspa
Writers: Marissa Berlin, Todd Linden, Matthew Carlson, Rita Hsiao, Damir Konjicija & Darlo Konjicija
Streaming service it can be found on: Disney+
Number of seasons: 1 - season 2 is coming
Number of episodes: 10
Year premiered: 2021


Darci's Thoughts: Another cute kids show. I love anything about gymnastics or ice skating - and if it involves kids - even better! All the kids in the show were actual gymnasts too, which I thought was great! A good underdog story where the underdog later ends up on top never gets old.
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐☆☆☆☆☆☆
Logline: My Perfect Landing follows a family of gymnasts through their struggles of dealing with a life-changing move from Miami to Toronto, Canada.
Created by: Frank van Keelan
Writers: Steve Cooke, Cheryl Meyer, Emma Campbell, Conor Casey, Lyndon Casey, Kara Harun, Ian Malone, Nelu Handa & Reem Morsi
Network: 
Streaming service it can be found on: Netflix
Number of seasons: 1
Number of episodes: 15
Year premiered: 2020


Darci's Thoughts: Another rewatch for me. Gah, I love this show! I know everyone talks about Veep as Julia's best show, but no, for me that show is always going to be this one. I feel it's way underrated. Christine Campbell is an awful character, but in all the right ways. She has good intentions, but she's too self absorbed to actually think about anyone that is not herself. She lives with her brother Matthew who is still figuring out what he wants to do in life. Her son Ritchie is, well, he's not one of the brightest crayons in the box. Then there's her ex-husband Richard and his new girlfriend also Christine. And later we get Barb, played by Wanda Sykes who often steals the scenes she's in. This is another one of those shows I could watch on repeat and I still laugh at the same things over and over. This is a perfect sitcom and I wish it was more mainstream. Pure genius! 
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Logline: A divorced mom tries to keep pace with everyone around her.
Created by: Kari Lizer
Writers: Jeff Astrof, Katie Palmer, Adam Barr, Sherry Bilising, Ellen Kreamer, Frank Pines, Jennifer Crittenden, Allan Rice, Lew Schneider, Danielle Evenson, Amy Iglow, Jack Burditt, Jonathan Goldstein, Steve Baldikoski, Bryan Behar, Matt Goldman, Jackie Filgo, Jeff Filgo, Aaron Shure, Charles Zucker, Alex Kapp & Tricia O\"Kelley
Network: CBS
Streaming service it can be found on: HBOMax
Number of seasons: 5
Number of episodes: 88
Year premiered: 2006


Darci's Thoughts: I really loved this show. I wish it received a season two. I can see how as a kids show parents weren't thrilled about their kids watching it, but as maybe a young adult audience, I think it would have been totally different. This isn't your typical kid show. It tackled some really complicated issues that I am sure the complexity flew over their heads. It was actually really dark but really smart and well done. After I finished it, it took awhile for me to stop thinking about it. To enjoy this show for what it is, I don't think you have to be a fan of kids shows. 
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐☆☆
Logline: A family's lives are turned upside-down when a street-smart young grifter shows up on their doorstep claiming to be a distant relative.
Created by: Keetgi Kogan & David H. Steinberg
Writers: Emily Schmidt, Teddy Steinkellner, Johanna Stokes, Eric Goldberg, Erika Kaestle, Patrick McCarthy, Peter Tibbals, Stefanie Leder & David Tolentino
Streaming service it can be found on: Netflix
Number of seasons: 1
Number of episodes: 20
Year premiered:  2019


Darci's Thoughts: Normally shows that are overly hyped about are ones that I don't end up falling in love with. But this show is one of those rare exceptions, that, YES, this show deserves all the love and praise it's getting! I mean, it's hard to go wrong with the comedy dream team of Martin Short and Steve Martin. Selena Gomez held her own acting alongside these two legends. I approve of any show that gets Tina Fey on TV these days, she had a really fun guest role. And that ending!!! I am itching for season two! This show, especially the last couple of episodes had so many twists and turns that it kept you guessing. The last episode is a masterclass in how to keep an audience hooked til the end, and how to tie up one season, but then set up season two. So well done! I'm sold! 
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Logline: Three strangers who share an obsession with true crime suddenly find themselves caught up in one.
Created by: John Hoffman & Steve Martin
Writers: Madeleine George, Stephen Markley, Ben Philippe, Kristin Newman, Thembi Banks, Matteo Borghese, Rachel Burger, Kirker Butler, Kim Rosenstock, Ben Smith & Rob Turbovsky
Streaming service it can be found on: Hulu
Number of seasons: 1 - with a season 2 coming!
Number of episodes: 10
Year premiered: 2021


Darci's Thoughts: I have mixed feelings about this show. I don't think I was the target audience for it. I just miss the way multicam shows used to be.
Rating: ⭐☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
Logline: A self-proclaimed intellectual, forced to move in with her carefree sister and her sister's lovably eccentric friends.
Created by: Jack Dolgen & Doug Mand
Writers: Mano Agapion, Jim Brandon, Brian C. Singleton, Hailey Chavez, Dan Gregor, Caitlin Meares, Gilli Nissim & Greg Trimmer
Streaming service it can be found on: Netflix
Number of seasons: 1 - season 2 coming
Number of episodes: 10
Year premiered: 2021


Darci's Thoughts: I also ended up on a bit of a Abby Lee Miller kick these last few weeks. I finally watched the first season of Abby's Ultimate Dance Competition (still making my way through the second season), but after seeing little Asia on that show, I had to rewatch her own reality show. I loved Kristie on Abby's UDC, but couldn't stand her on RA. My guess she was just made out to be the antagonist to Asia on this show by the producers because conflict! But I suspect she is more the supportive Mama from Abby's. But at any rate, Asia was a super cute kid and a VERY talented one. She was SO big on the stage, she was such a joy to watch onstage.
Rating: ⭐⭐☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
Logline: Asia as a dancer, singer, and actress has her whole life planned out.
Created by: Kristie Ray
Writers: N/A
Network: Lifetime
Streaming service it can be found on: Lifetime
Number of seasons: 1
Number of episodes: 14
Year premiered: 2014


Darci's Thoughts: This was another series rewatch for me. It's sometimes fun to revisit shows that aired long ago that you just remember was funny. This show holds up ten years later. It's still as funny as it was the first time around. It's such a wacky premise, but it's really a sweet show. The Chance's are as loveable as they, umm, not very bright. And who doesn't love watching the late Cloris Leachman as a senile, crazy old woman whose favorite things to do is walk around in her bra and eat pickles? Certainly very different from Phyllis Lindstrom! 
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐☆☆
Logline: Jimmy becomes a single parent to an infant after her mother, with whom he had a one-night stand, ends up on Death Row.
Created by: Gregory Thomas Garcia
Writers: Elijah Aron, Jordan Young, Sean Conaway, Charlie Hornsby, Josh Greenberg, Bobby Bowman, Mike Mariano, Timothy Stack, Ralph Greene, Matthew Thompson, Deweyne LaMar Lee, Alan Kirschenbaum, Joey Gutierrez, Mark Stegemann, Paul A. Kaplan, Mark Torgove, Michael Pennie, Christine Zander, Amy Hubbs, Fred Shafferman, Liz Astrof, Dan Coscino, Stephnie Weir, Josh Wolf, Gina Gari, Dave Holstein, Becky Mann, Audra Sielaff, Shelly Gossman & Kevin Henderson 
Network: Fox
Streaming service it can be found on: Hulu
Number of seasons: 4
Number of episodes: 88
Year premiered: 2010


Darci's Thoughts: Another rewatch for me. I still love this show. It's so bizarre and at times gory, but the tone just works for me. Vampires / zombies usually don't do it for me, but there was just something about this show that looked fun. It's hard to categorize this show, it's just quirky. It's an original concept, which makes it fun. This  show just finds that right balance of too crazy and making sense. But that series finale!! I'm always going to be mad at Netflix for not giving this show a fourth season. I would love to have seen Joel also as an undead, human eating person!  
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐☆☆
Logline: Sheila and Joel are married real estate agents who live and work in Santa Clarita, California. When Sheila dies, their lives take a dark turn.
Created by: Victor Fresco
Writers: Aaron Brownstein, Simon Ganz, Melissa Hunter, Ben Smith, Caitlin Meares, Clay Graham, Michael A. Ross, Chadd Gindin, Leila Cohan-Miccio, Sarah Walker & Romi Barta
Streaming service it can be found on: Netflix
Number of seasons: 3
Number of episodes: 30
Year premiered: 2017


Darci's Thoughts: What is there to say about this show?! This was by far my favorite show I watched this year. As a HUGE musical theatre fan, this show was everything in a year when Broadway was shut down for most of it. This was the show that every theatre nerd didn't know they needed. I just loved that classic feel of old musicals, but it was all new songs. The big dance numbers, all the Broadway actors that kept popping up in it. This is just a perfect show. I have already watched this series twice, I have a feeling this is gonna be one of those shows that I rewatch yearly. Obsessed!! Run! Don't walk to Apple+. Seriously, why are you still reading this? Go watch it NOW! It'll have you smiling and just feeling good about life! 
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Logline: A couple on a backpacking trip discovers a magical town in which everyone acts like they're in a classic musical.
Created by: Cinco Paul & Ken Daurio
Writers: Julie Klausner, Kate Gersten, Allison Silverman & Bowen Yang
Streaming service it can be found on: Apple+
Number of seasons: 1 (with a season 2 coming?!)
Number of episodes: 6
Year premiered: 2021


Darci's Thoughts: I watched much of this show when it aired on TV, even though I was little. This was always one of Mom's favorite shows, so she watched it a lot when I was a toddler. So it was nice to actually watch this show from start to finish this year. Many of the episodes I remembered, or watched again as an adult, but they are still fun! Jerry, George, Kramer and Elaine might be awful characters, but they sure are fun to watch as they break down every week. I love how Kramer always has to make an entrance as he enters the room, it's a nice nod to Lenny & and Squiggy's "hello" from Laverne & Shirley. I can also see this show paving the way for It's Always Sunny to become what it is today with very similar characters at the core. For a show about nothing, Seinfeld sure did have a lot to say over the years.  
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐☆☆
Logline: The continuing misadventures of neurotic New York City stand-up comedian Jerry Seinfeld and his equally neurotic New York City friends.
Created by: Larry David & Jerry Seinfeld
Writers: Peter Mehlman, Carol Leifer, Alec Berg, Jeff Schaffer, Andy Robin, Gregg Kavet, David Mandel, Larry Charles, Steve Koren, Jennifer Crittenden, Dan O\"Keefe, Tom Gammill, Max Pross, Spike Feresten, Matt Goldman, Marjorie Gross, Darin Henry, Bill Masters, Tom Leopold, Elaine Pope, Marc Jaffe, Bruce Kirschbaum, Bruce Eric Kaplan, Bob Shaw, Ron Hauge, Sam Henry Kass, Charlie Rubin, Fred Stoller, Steve O\"Donnell, Don McEnery, Greg Daniels, Bobby Farrelly, Peter Farrelly, Larry Levin, Jon Hayman, Lawrence H. Levy, Steve Skrovan, Andy Cowan, Jonathan Gross, Matt Selman, Jill Franklyn, Kit Boss, Billy Kimball, Steve Lookner
Network: NBC
Streaming service it can be found on: Hulu & Netflex
Number of seasons: 9
Number of episodes: 172
Year premiered: 1989


Darci's Thoughts: It's still hard for me to believe how far little Jojo with the Bowbow came from Dance Moms. Of all of those girls, I would not have predicted her to become the most popular one (Maddie, anyone?) But I love seeing the young lady Jojo is shaping into. She still has a great head on her shoulders and is a great role model and mentor to little kids. And I just love so much XOMG POP! The seven kiddos that made the group (Dallas, Brooklyn, Kinley, Kyra, Leigha, Bella & Tinie T) are just the cutest, and are all true triple threats. This was a really cute show, I loved watching these girls and how Jojo and her mom Jessalynn dealt with the competition. It was nice to watch it without all the screaming and major drama. And I am really proud and excited watch where both Jojo and XOMG POP! go in life. More reality shows like this, please!
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐☆☆☆
Logline: This is a Dance/song reality show where Jojo Siwa and her mom, Jess siwa, create an all girls pop group. Each week the girls perform and one is eliminated.. to make the perfect group of young girls that can sing and dance!
Created by: Jess & JoJo Siwa
Writers: N/A
Streaming service it can be found on: Peacock
Number of seasons: 1 - season 2 is coming
Number of episodes: 8
Year premiered: 2021


Darci's Thoughts: Again with my obsession with classic sitcoms. I never heard of this show until my Mom was telling me about it and it sounded like something I'd love, so I ordered the series DVD set. Oh, man! I wish this show was one that people still rewatched more today. You have Chuck and Bob - one of them is a dummy, but I don't think anyone realizes he's not real, and Burt who thinks he can makes himself invisible (he can't), Corinne who ends up dating a convict freshly escaped from prison. And it's a soap opera, so lots of boyfriend / husband stealing, alien abductions, and babies. It's a crazy show and I'm so glad I binged this one. It's as much fun as The Carol Burnett Show sketch As the Stomach Turns. If your a fan of that, go watch Soap now!  
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐☆☆
Logline: The soap-operish antics of two families: the Campbells and the Tates.
Created by: Susan Harris
Writers: Stu Silver, Dick Clair, Jenna McMahon, Danny Jacobson, Barry Vigon, Tony Lang, Jordan Crittenden
Network: ABC
Streaming service it can be found on: DVD only
Number of seasons: 4
Number of episodes: 88
Year premiered: 1977




Darci's Thoughts: I watched this show as it aired over the years. I was sad to see this show end. This is one of the very few modern sitcoms of today that would often make me laugh out loud. These characters are all so different and self absorbed that it just made great comedy. And oh man, I loved all the customers doing crazy stuff between the scenes. It added so much to the world and the show. It's hard to pick a favorite character, it would often change for me week to week. This was just a lighthearted show that I will miss. I have since went back and started rewatching it from the beginning - it's also fun to see how far the characters have come over the years. Also, that episode about the personal shoppers where they had to do the online orders & the episode they did about Covid - DEAD!! I laughed SO hard! Just thinking about them now is making me want to rewatch them again. Watch this show, if you haven't yet!
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐☆
Logline: A look at the lives of employees at a big box store.
Created by: Justin Spitzer
Writers: John Kazlauskas, Hailey Chavez, Justin Shanes, Bridget Kyle, Vicky Luu, Dayo Adesokan, Vanessa Ramos, L.E. Correia, Brianna Brown, Jeny Batten, M. Dickson, Justin Hillian, Jack Kukoda, Jonathan Green, Gabe Miller, Owen Ellickson, Jackie Clarke, Chiara Atik, Josh Malmuth, Eric Ledgin, Sierra Teller Ornelas, Matt Hubbard, Rene Gube, Laura McCreary, Jen Vierck, Lon Zimmet, Ben Dougan, Brian Gatewood, Matt Lawton, Aaron Lee, Alessandro Tanaka, Colton Dunn, Karey Dornetto, Joe Barrasas, Lauren Ash, Sean Lee
Streaming service it can be found on: NBC
Network: Hulu
Number of seasons: 7
Number of episodes: 113
Year premiered: 2015


Darci's Thoughts: I have a love / hate relationship with this show. I loved it, but oh, my God, it was too intense! Even though each episode is about 7-8 minutes long, they have you on the edge of your seat! It's not gory, but, man, it will get your heart pumping. Also, don't watch this alone. You might now sleep for about a week. I'm glad I wasn't alone when I watched it or else I would have had nightmares. It takes really good writing to be that intense, and for every episode. It's really well done, just ... be warned if you watch this and you live alone. Also, it might make you think twice of driving for Uber or Lyft. The utterly terrifying thing is how easily this could actually happen. I will say (if you make it to the last episode) it is very satisfying, though!  
Rating: ⭐⭐☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
Logline: An unassuming young rideshare driver is thrown into her worst nightmare when a mysterious Hollywood Hills passenger enters her car.
Created by: Veena Sud
Writers: Veena Sud
Streaming service it can be found on: Quibi
Number of seasons: 1 (Limited)
Number of episodes: 13 - shorts
Year premiered: 2020


Darci's Thoughts: Oh, Three's Company. I have been obsessed with this show since I was in grade school (um, a few years ago). I must have seen every episode about 3 or 4 times by now, and my favorite episodes closer to the 3 digits by now. But it still makes me laugh out loud. I have so many episodes memoized by now, but I still laugh after the joke (okay, usually before they say it), or as a character is stumbling across the floor -- usually Jack Tripper. This is a show that doesn't try to make a statement about the world, it's not a product of its time with jokes or references that have since gone stale. All the jokes come from the characters or the situation or the mix-up of the week. I always have been, and always will be a huge sucker for physical comedy, and John RItter and Don Knotts were two top comedians that could make trying to take off a sweater or making the bed into knee slappers. This is missing from multicam shows today, and it shows. Three's Company is a show I will revisit for my whole life because now it has just become my comfort blanket. It never fails to make me laugh and just feel good in the moment. 
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Logline: The misadventures of two women and one man living in one apartment and their neighbors.
Created by: Don Nicholl, Michael Ross, Bernard West
Writers: Brian Cooke, Johnnie Mortimer, Ellen Guylas, Al Gordon, George Burditt, David Mirkin, Martin Rips, Joseph Staretski, Paul Wayne, Michael S. Baser, Kim Weiskopf, Mark Tuttle, Shelley Zellman, Chet Dowling, Sandy Krinski, Budd Grossman, Jack Mendelsohn, Mike Weinberger, Alan J. Levitt, John Baskin, Roger Shulman, John Boni, Bryan Joseph, Gary Belkin, George Atkins, Gene Perret, Bill Richmond, Howard Albrecht, Sol Weinstein, Laura Levine, Neal Marlens, Larry Gelbart, Larry Balmagia, Stuart Gillard, Dixie Brown Grossman, Phil Hahn, Dennis Koenig, Mike Marmer, Rick Orloff, Bob Baublitz, Joyce Burditt, Madeline Di Maggio, Kathy Donnell, Deborah Hwang-Marriott, Bernie Kahn, Vicki King, Richard Christian Matheson, Jim Rogers, Martin Roth, Mort Scharfman, Franelle Silver, Ziggy Steinberg, Charles Stewart, Tom Szollosi, Harvey Weitzman, Mark Chambers, Rowby Goren, Sam Greenbaum, Jerry Kenion, Neil Lebowitz, Susan Sisko, Steve Clements, Howard Gewirtz, Joyce Gittlin, Ian Praiser, Len Richmond, Tom Dunsmuir, Mark Fink, Hank Bradford, Bob Brunner, Ken Hecht, Terry Hensey, Calvin Kelly, Marshall King, James Ritz, Lewis Colick, Garry Ferrier, Arlan Gutenberg, C.C. Ryder, Aubrey Tadman, Babette Wilk, Ron Bloomberg, Prudence Fraser & Robert Sternin
Network: ABC
Streaming service it can be found on: Pluto
Number of seasons: 8
Number of episodes: 174
Year premiered: 1976



Darci's Thoughts: I don't have a lot to say about this show. It felt predictable to me. It didn't live up to its hype. I love Nicole Kidman and David E Kelley together (I mean, Big Little Lies?!) so I had high hopes going into this one, but it just didn't excite me the way I wanted it to.
Rating: ⭐☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
Logline: A modern twist to a classical "whodunnit" tale, when the life of a wealthy New York therapist turns upside down after she and her family get involved with a murder case.
Created by: David E. Kelley
Writers: Jean Hanff Korelitz
Streaming service it can be found on: HBOMax
Number of seasons: 1 (Limited)
Number of episodes: 6
Year premiered: 2020


Darci's Thoughts: I know this reboot got a lot of criticism for coming out so soon after the original series ended, and for undoing the great series finale (I get it because I also loved how the original one ended), but I also enjoyed these three seasons. It was just fun to get more Will, Grace, Jack & Karen. I am also super obsessed with the I Love Lucy homage episode (featuring Lucie Arnaz, no less!) I enjoyed these storylines. I thought for being a reboot, it was well done. I laughed and just enjoyed these episodes and didn't judge them too harshly. And I was glad than Stan wasn't really dead. I'm glad they all ended up with their happily ever after. 
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐☆☆☆
Logline: Gay lawyer Will and straight interior designer Grace share a New York City apartment. Their best friends are gleeful and proud gay Jack and charismatic, filthy-rich, amoral socialite Karen.
Created by: David Kohan & Max Mutchnick
Writers: Jon Kinnally, Tracy Poust, Alex Herschlag, Adam Barr, Steve Gabriel, Jhoni Marchinko, Ryan O'Connell, Jeff Greenstein, Sally Bradford, Kari Lizer, Anne Martin, Bill Wrubel, John Quaintance, Gail Lerner, Suzanne Martin, Gary Janetti, Laura Klghtlinger, Katie Palmer, Sonja Warfield, Greg Malins, Kirk J. Rudell, Gus Hickey, Jordan Reddout, Dava Savel, Ellen Idelson, Rob Lotterstein, Michael Patrick King, Kate Angelo, Abraham Higginbotham, Jamie Rhonheimer, Janis Hirsch, William Lucas Walker, Richard Rosenstock, Michelle Bochner Spitz, Jeanette Collins, Mimi Friedman, Cynthia Mort, Darlene Hunt, Jenji Kohan, David Flebotte, Ain Gordon, Jordana Arkin, Barry Langer, James Lecesne, Robia Rashid, Josh Silberman, Zack Slovinsky, Nina Pedrad, Bob Carroll Jr, Madelyn Davis, Christian Honce, Aaron Huffines, Jess Oppenheimer, Bob Schiller & Bob Weiskopf
Network: NBC
Streaming service it can be found on: Hulu
Number of seasons: 11
Number of episodes: 246
Year premiered: 1998


Darci's Thoughts: Huge Sutton Foster fan, have been following her career on Broadway since Thoroughly Modern Millie. And it's still weird to me that Sutton is this huge TV star and that she has fans out there that don't even know how much of a triple threat she is. (Seriously, if you have never seen her on Broadway, watch her in Anything Goes. Girl can dance! There's a reason why I saw that show 31 times!)

Okay, with that being said, I am obviously very partial to this show. To be honest, I started watching this show when season one premiered, but I found it hard to get into weekly. It just wasn't growing on me. Until this year when I binged the whole 7 seasons in a short amount of time it finally grew on me. It's a simple premise, but one that grows into this huge lie that becomes nearly impossible to untangle yourself from. And it all makes great conflict for a TV show. There were so many close calls of someone finding out about Liza's secret before she was ready to come out with it. Is this a perfect show? No. But it's a lot of fun and it kept me engaged from start to finish. (Team Charles all the way! I have mixed feelings about the series finale. I really wanted Liza to end up with Charles, but he just ended up not being right for her. I still think Josh is too young for her, but I did love how her going back to him completed that storyline. I get as a writer why it happened the way it did. But solely as a fan of the show ... I would have liked to see another ending.)
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐☆
Logline: After being mistaken for younger than she really is, a single mother decides to take the chance to reboot her career and her love life as a 26-year old.
Created by: Darren Star
Writers: Pamela Redmond Satran, Ashley Skidmore, Alison Brown, Brandy Barber, Lyle Friedman, Dottie Dartland Zicklin, Eric Zicklin, Joe Murphy, Eliot Glazer, Grant Sloss, Jessie Cantrell, Lila Feinberg, Don Roos, Rick Singer, Sarah Choi, Terri Minsky, Alison Rose Greenberg
Network: TVLand, then moved to Paramount+
Streaming service it can be found on: Hulu & Paramount+
Number of seasons: 7
Number of episodes: 84
Year premiered: 2015

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Episode 15: Cole Quirk

Episode 12: Jackie Penn

Episode 1 - Dana Kitchens